- Three tips on selecting a good contractor
- Which vinyl fence color should I choose
- Who are you really buying from online
- California Fence Options
- Vinyl Rail Fence - Good Horse Fence or Not
If you need assistance or clarification on how shipping and delivery works please contact one of our sales professionals.
We use various truck companies that specialize in handling and shipping our products. You can count on us to always choose the most reliable and cost effective carrier to transport your order. Your order will ship direct to your home or business. Each order will be strapped to a wooden pallet for ease of transport but most residential orders will need to be unloaded by hand.
Most fence systems require 7-10 working days for delivery depending on the time of the year. Orders taken after 2:00pm eastern time are considered to have been ordered the following business day. Weekends are excluded from all delivery calculations. Example: An order expected to ship in 5 days taken at 4:00 pm on Friday will not likely ship until two Mondays from that day.
Small Packages (example: caps or gate hinges) are delivered UPS, FedEx, U.S. Mail, or Airborne Express, at our discretion, unless you request otherwise. Packages that are too large for these carriers must be shipped by other carriers.
Expected arrival time for packages that are sold as expedited small package delivery via UPS or other carriers are one day plus the special delivery time, i.e 2nd day delivery will take a minimum of 1 day plus 2 days. We need 1 full day to process and package all orders.
Shipping Expense Disclaimer: We believe in providing the cost of materials and shipping up front in a quote form so that you can be sure there are no hidden costs or fees. All orders are subject to confirmation. Additional shipping expenses, although rare, may apply due to weight, size, location, and/or other variables. Should your order require additional funds to cover the transportation of goods, you will be contacted for approval.
It is the customer's responsibility to be available at time of delivery to check all quantities of packages and inspect for damaged or missing packages. Failure to be available could result in storage fees from the trucking company. We inform the shipper on residential deliveries and they will call you from the local terminal to arrange for delivery. We cannot guarantee any particular day or time of delivery. It is up to each trucking company. We ship proper quantities in good condition so shortages and damages must be reported immediately on the bill of lading, in writing, when you are asked to sign for delivery. The carrier is responsible for the delivery.You or your representative must be present at time of delivery. Make sure that anyone assisting you is familiar with this policy. When they sign for you, they assume the responsibility that these procedures have been followed.
Damaged or Missing Parts:
Although shipping damage is very rare it could still happen.Here are a few easy steps to insure that you are receiving your materials in good condition: 1. Inspect the product packages before they are removed from the truck. Look for tearing or puncturing of the packages.Look for any denting or crushing of packaging. 2. Make sure of the number of packages or pallets is consistent with your bill of lading & packaging list.3. Remove materials from vehicle. You have now taken responsibility of your materials. 4. Note on the motor freight carrier's paperwork any damages observed. Record notes on the driver's copy and your copy. Have driver and recipient sign each copy. 5. Unpack all materials and review with packaging list. 6. Email or call Homestead immediately with any concerns about your order or damage report so we can assist with reordering replacement materials and insurance.
Damaged or missing parts discovered after delivery must be reported directly to the delivery carrier immediately.The delivery carrier will want to inspect packages, goods, and all shipping containers before a claim can be made. After inspection a claim must be filed, which includes the following documents:
*Original bill of lading *Copy of paid freight bill * Repair or replacement invoice * Inspection report * Packing list
Make all claims promptly. Do not deduct losses from your Homestead Fence Co. invoice, while waiting adjustment of the claim, as we cannot be responsible for safe delivery.Shortages and damages must be reported to us within 15 days of delivery. After 15 days, we assume all goods have been delivered in full and in good condition. Replacement of missing or damaged items will be charged at time of order to your account and any claim or damages will be paid directly to you by the shipping company.
Homestead Fence will assist you in any way possible to collect loss or damage claims from the carrier. However we are not responsible for filing claims, cost of replacement materials, or the freight charges for shipping of replacement parts or materials.
All returned items must be authorized by Homestead Fence Co. prior to returning.
Call 480-813-5655 before returning any item and you will receive a Return Materials Authorization (RMA). Returned items are to be shipped to:
Attn: Returns 4610 E. Ingram St. Mesa, AZ 85205
If a customer is shipped defective or incorrect material, the customer can return material to Homestead Fence Co. (hereafter. "HFC) by following this process:
1. Customer must contact HFC in order to get a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number within 15 days of the received shipment. The RMA number must be included on all boxes, paperwork, and pallets. Any returns shipped without authorization will be refused.
2. HFC will pay return shipping costs but reserves the right and will assign the freight carrier of our choice. If a freight carrier is used that was not authorized by HFC then the customer will be charged and shall accept to pay any additional freight charges.
3. The product must be returned in the original condition as it was received. The customer acknowledges that HFC reserves its right and will inspect all returned items to ensure product is in original condition prior to issuing any refund or credit.
We will accept returns for accessory items only (i.e. solar caps, post caps, end caps, gate hardware etc). We will not accept returns on fence panels, fence post, post wraps, gates, pergolas & gazebo product (these products are all cut and fabricated to order).
On products approved by Homestead for return, the customer will be charged for the shipping to and from original destination address. Materials must be in the same condition and packaging that they were sent. All returns have to be shipped back to us no later than 10 days. There will be a restocking fee of 35%.
How to return stock items(s):
1. Customer must contact HFC in order to get a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number within 10 days of the received shipment. The RMA number must be included on all boxes, paperwork, and pallets. Any returns shipped without authorization will be refused.
2. The customer is responsible for shipping charges to and from their location and the materials must be in the same condition and packaging that they were sent in. Do not reuse packing or shipping boxes that have been damaged. Ship all items with signature required and insured. Failure to do so could result in no refund, if it is clear we had not received the item(s) back. The customer is responsible and will pay all return shipping costs.
3. Upon receiving the item(s) back, we will inspect them to make sure all parts, including installation instructions and documentation, are returned. Damaged or missing items will be deducted from your refund. All items returned missing instruction manuals, original packaging materials or in otherwise unsellable condition will not be credited. The product must be returned in the original condition as it was received. The customer acknowledges that HFC reserves its right and will inspect all returned items to ensure product is in original condition prior to issuing any refund or credit. There will be a restocking fee of 35%.
Refused Shipments at time of delivery.
Orders that are refused at time of delivery where a shipping expense has been incurred by us will be subject to no refund of the shipping charge to you and an additional charge for the shipping fee back to us. If for any reason you feel that a shipment is not acceptable, call us immediately at 480-813-5655. In cases of damaged merchandise these shipping charges will be waived, if a successful claim can be filed against the shipper with your assistance. Refused deliveries will incur a 35% restocking fee.